Aussies Living Simply

Busylizzies Winter Vegie Patch

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log Busylizzies Winter Vegie Patch

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 335 total)
  • Author
    busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Hi, thought I should start my next garden log, a few people been hinting they would like to see what Ive been up to over the last couple of weeks. Ive been very busy weeding and tilling the vegie patchs, I still have a few things in from the Summer garden like Zuchs, Carrots, Celery and Leeks. Will add some pics soon and show you whats been happening.

geminiscgeminisc

whoohooo! the new thread’s started! although….. where are the pics???? :lol::lol::lol:

sue esue e

yay!!!!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

lynnielynnie

yah yah…. as for hints…. i thought they were more like smacks in the face 😆 😆

geminiscgeminisc

:lol::lol::lol: @ lynnie

Good! Look forward to the pics.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

:lol::lol: Yeah thanks girls, you never cease to brighten my day :kiss:

Well heres the first pic of the weeded and tilled patch, took quite awhile to weed them, the weeds were popping up before I’d finished.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

There are the 2 patches here, Im going to join them together to make 1 long patch.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Heres a pile of cow poop DD3 and I collected the other day ( you wanted pics)

JanineJanine

Looks great LIzzie, :clap: I will be following this thread :tup:

jennifer gjennifer g

:lol::lol:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

It will sit here until Spring then I will add it to the garden, hopefully will get out into the paddocks to get some more. This is good stuff for the garden. Any weed seeds that are in there, are ones that are already on the property and are not being bought in. Have learnt my lesson bringing other poops and soil in. :tdown:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Nice to see you here Janine :wave:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Heres the other patch were all those Tomatoes were.

The plants at the back with the plastic are…….none other then more Tomatoes. These are the Burkes Backyard Promo seeds that he is getting people to try to grow in the Cool seasons. These are going ok so far, we havent been hit by any frost yet.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Heres looking up from the hothouse, bit shabby at the moment, I havent put the borders back around and Im still re-doing the beds.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 335 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.