Aussies Living Simply

Busylizzies Vegie Patch

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log Busylizzies Vegie Patch

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    dianne

( had to find which book it was )

there is a really good artical in the Warm Earth No 83 Mar/Apr 2009

by Lyn Bagnall on moon planting. it is a bit more in depth with stuff about pruning, fertilising,when to transplant and so on.:tup:

busylizzie

Thanks heaps Di :hug: You explained the basics well. I now know about waxing and wanning crescents and when and what to plant :tup: but now your throwing more stuff at me to learn :geek: now lets see if I have it right, yesterday we could still plant green leafy stuff but today/tomorrow will be fruiting, have I got it right?:shy:

dianne

I think you are not meant to do on the day of the moon phase, so tomorrow yes is fruit. IN GO MY BEANS … YAY!

busylizzie

Oh ok, so in between phases no planting.

Hooray for the Borlotti beans, hope they grow well and you have a bountiful harvest.:tup: Thanks Di.

Off to clean the house, rake and blow the leaves and mow the lawn, DD5 having party on Saturday. :uhoh: lots of work to do.

dianne

Cleaning/ mowing…… you are repeating yourself again:lol:

have fun, hope she has a wonderful day, I better go do some sewing.:tup:

geminisc

:jawdrop: how did i miss the rest of the updates? i thought i had subscribed for updates.

poor you re the rats :@ always such a big disappointment when you look forward to something and then get it all dashed by critters. :@

is it All Over yet? Or you putting off the last fridge? :confused:

busylizzie

:confused: Gem, I didnt know you could subscribe to up-dates. The last fridge awaits, maybe later today :rip:

Cleaning and mowing for me this time Di, hope you enjoy your relaxing sewing, DD, I am sure will have a good day with her 14 screaming, yelling, talkative little friends 😉 God help me by the end of the day.:uhoh:

geminisc

if you click ‘new reply’ when you answer, there’s an option box you can tick that says ‘notify me when a reply is posted’. and whenever someone does that you get an email in your inbox telling you that someone has posted to the thread.

although i wonder if it only works when they reply to you specifically (eg your thread that you started) as opposed to any reply to anyone within that thread.

uh.. does that make sense? 😆

geminisc

:rip: about the fridge. stinky stinky huh? poor liz!

busylizzie

Oh thanks for that Gem, you learn something new each day.:tup:

And for todays lesson, I have learnt that mice will actually dig up your pea seeds that you have just planted in cell punnets, AND EAT THEM :@ oh and Lettuce seed as well.I am not having a great time with these Rats and Mice. Went and bought more mouse traps for hothouse, so fingers crossed. And have laid bait in sheds for the spud destroying rats. 😡

geminisc

😡 DIE! DIE! DIE!

jennifer g

That SUX Lizzie!

Little blighters :@

dianne

:hug: for you. :rip: to rats and mice

sue e

have just cleaned out the shed ( ok my son and his mate have but i supervised) and MUCHO RODENTO. they are everywhere, the little mongrels. it’s awful to think of destroying life but what else can one do. they even ate the plastic bottles that had( idunno- some kinda stuff) in them. i hate to even step on a snail but you just know if you don’t all you little lovingly raised seedlings will be gone by morning!:(:(

busylizzie

Thanks girls. 3 down so far :rip: and 1 missing trap. Lots of bait gone as well up in the sheds :tup: Sue, I dont feel much guilt when it comes to rodents that are destroying my seedlings and most of all my stoered harvests.

Have survived birthday party which all went well. Have spent a good couple of days cleaning up sheds and weeding the vegie gardens, will post pics later. Actually feel like I am getting somewhere now.

Sue, a big :hug: for you, hope all the BS has passed and your feeling better today.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.