Aussies Living Simply

Busylizzies Vegie Patch

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log Busylizzies Vegie Patch

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 267 total)
  • Author
    farmchooksfarmchooks

They look like chillis to me. Our caps have just started fruiting, think it was too hot here for them. Your garden looks great. Wish I had the problem of weeds, no rain here so no weeds. May get some in the next few weeks fingers crossed. It is amazing how much the garden picks up with a good rain. Keep up the good work.

BelBel

They’re banana capsicums. We have lots of them pop up when we believe we’ve planted ‘mixed’ capsicums. They seem to outgrow the others – much more productive. You can eat them when they’re green/yellow. They’re quite fiddly, but just at sweet and tasty as other

‘bell’ capsicums.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Hi Farmchooks, fingers crossed for some rain for you.

Hi Bel, Banana Caps you say. Some are turning red so I better do the taste test this weekend, will report back, hope they are nice. And you are right, they have outgrown and cropped faster then the other Caps. Cheers.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

I have been out early this morning before it becomes to warm and picked, yet more Tomatoes. Hoping to cook some up today. Will be interesting to see how many Kgs I have picked at the end of the season. Anyone sick of looking at my Tomatoes yet? I am.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

I have done the taste test on these little Capsicums. They are definately not Chillies, (thankfully, didnt want a burnt tongue) tried both colours and the red is sweeter, so might use some in the Tomato Salsa. Thanks for all replies regarding what the heck they were. :tup:

diannedianne
    Participant

busylizzie wrote:[/b

Anyone sick of looking at my Tomatoes yet? I am.

YES![/b]

But only cause I cant get my hands on them;)

dianne wrote:

busylizzie wrote:[/b

Anyone sick of looking at my Tomatoes yet? I am.

yes i am,any chance of seeing some pics of your melons?:lol:

LeecyLeecy

:jawdrop:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

😆 my melons or Diannes ?

busylizzie wrote:

😆 my melons or Diannes ?

probably be best to see both just so i can compare lol:wave:

diannedianne
    Participant

:jawdrop::jawdrop::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Ok Stark, as requested here is a couple of pics of my Melons, the first ones are my biggest, Canteloupe and Honeydew. These should be nice and juicey.

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Heres the Watermelon, a little small yet and with time running out before the first frost hits. These got off to a really slow start. Ask and you shall recieve. 😉

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Leecy, got to love your “secret change jar, POVO” thats a word DS16 uses alot 😆

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Well, have not got to spend the time I wanted to in the garden this week, but have been busy cooking up all the Tomatoes before to many go to waste:| Have made:

Diced Tomato 7 x #20

Relish x 5

Salsa x 9

Tomato Paste x 6

Have used atleast 21kg just making this stuff. The Preserves cupboard is looking fuller, I think I have enough Tomato based stuff for the coming year. I try to only make what we will be needing. Need to dig the Spuds up this week, they have died right back and are just sitting and waiting to be dug.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 267 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.