Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Building with rock question???

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    KirstyKirsty

Hi guys,

I found this picture and I would be interested to know what the name of this building method is called?

Looks like a cheap way to go and could possiblely be rendered over tthe top?

Shangri LaShangri La

that is a gabion wall – they are often used for retaining walls and roadsides.

KirstyKirsty

Ah thank you, now I can google my heart out now that I know what its called :tup: thanks Shangri La:hug:

KirstyKirsty

After googling it seems this method isn’t suitable for a building as such. I want to build a 8m by 4m soap making space/workshop so now I’m thinking about earthship method:shrug: I can get tires for free and if I can fill them with small rubble rather than soil I might be on to a winner?

Shangri LaShangri La

What about re using a shipping container?

GrethGreth

Have you considered trying to find an unroadworthy caravan? we picked up a 10m long one for $800, now sons bedroom, and doesnt have functional water/gas/power, but could have with a bit more work.

That gabion wall might be a good way to decorate/insulate a steel shed too, hmm, my future herb/painting workshop has just been delivered – just posts, and roof, we still thinking how to add walls. Seconds Besser blocks, possibly rendered, was our best option so far. For insulation, I really don’t wanna go with steel, but may have to.

bluezbanditbluezbandit

I built a house with rocks using the slip form method. Very quick, easy and relatively cheap.

Deb

KirstyKirsty

Deb, do you have a good link that explains that method a bit more? :hug:

bluezbanditbluezbandit
    KirstyKirsty

Excellent Thanks heaps :metal::metal:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.