Aussies Living Simply

Building a Pond (for zero dollars)

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Bobbee

:nice:

Bel

Gorgeous pond area Fishfood :tup: Reminds me of katerina’s beautiful pond in Adelaide…

BlueWren

Fishfood – that is really lovely.Nice touch on the wall too.

Will see if I can post a couple of pics that DH took of mine recently.Still lots to do but the recent 350mm of rain certainly topped it up :jawdrop: and will make growing stuff around the bins easier.

Pics will be in a separate post……..can’t find them !!

BlueWren

OK Here we go I hope! I have a lot more planting to do,the ones there have somehow half survived the heatwave.There’s one gold fish left!

The cat is in memory of a very special puss that we lost recently from tick poisoning.Some of you may remember him as The Supervisor in my mandala garden.

I cut down some galangal that was struggling in the recnt months of intense heat, good to see it emerging again after the rain.

porgey

BlueWren post=353272 wrote: How’s your pond going , Porgey?

Thanks for asking BW. After digging the hole and establishing two Cucurbit beds either end I was a bit shagged out and whilst waiting to rev up again Queenie filled it up with mountains of clippings and prunnings. After burning it all off and making a bit of bio char it poured with rain and filled with all sorts of organic matter and turned into a nice thick slurry that I hoped would make good gley. However, Queenie keeps filling it up with more stuff so I think I will turn it into a hugelkulture and plant a nice fruiting tree. I have started another pond but its on the back burner at the moment.

I love all your pond photos so will have to do something this year.

BlueWren

:jawdrop: You must be a patient man!! Good luck with whatever The Hole becomes anyway!

porgey

BlueWren post=353411 wrote: :jawdrop: You must be a patient man!!!

I certainly am but others may call it procrastination, research, an excuse or just plain lazy! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 61 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.