Aussies Living Simply

Bluezbandit's Backyard

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE The Garden Log Bluezbandit's Backyard

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    bluezbandit

I have thoroughly enjoyed looking at everyones pictures so I’m going to be indulgent and put up some of my garden as well.

We bought an old house which had no redeeming features so we asked the local firies if they wanted it for firefighting practice and they burned it down for us. However there was a gorgeous old walnut tree there which we saved and here it is:

bluezbandit

Here is the back deck:

bluezbandit

I am addicted to flowers.

bluezbandit

Here is our pegola waiting for the grapes and wisteria to grow over the top.

bluezbandit

This is my kitchen garden on the deck outside my kitchen.

bluezbandit

and of course my girls.

Chezza
    Participant

Beautiful pictures bluez… Those girls have one hell of an outlook to their home… 😆

bluezbandit

Recently I enquired on here if hanyone had used old fridges for wicking beds and we have decided to try it, so yesterday we rescued 2 old fridges and an old 1000 litre water container and turned them into wormy wicking beds.

Here are the old fridges: From this:

bluezbandit

To this:

bluezbandit

I have planted this morning, carrots, radishes, Italian Parsley, broccoli, cabbage, red beet, rainbow chard, silverbeet, celery, iceberg lettuce. Later in the day I am going to plant corn and tomatoes.

sue e

wow bluez. am so impressed. you are in a lovely neck of the woods. i assume your view is over the tamar? after only a couple of weeks down there i felt like it was home and looking at your pictures makes me homesick. i love the look of your house- just the kind of thing i have mental picture of when i ponder on our future home down there. thanks for sharing!:D:D:D:D

Mumchook

Wow! Looks good. Love the view as well.

The firies burnt down your house? :jawdrop: Gosh!

Good practise for them… 😆

Herbman

Absolutely stunning Bluezbandit!!!

Looking forward to seeing pics as it changes through the season. :metal:

fluffy chook

I am addicted to flowers too bluez.:D

Magnificent view – I might come and live with your chooks! – and your garden looks gorgeous too:lol:

That’s a great idea with the old fridges – looks like it works realy well:tup::D

angelpuss

Oh its beautiful!!!:D And you have a view of water, I am green with envy!!lol. I love the colour of your house. I would never have thought of getting the fire brigade to burn down the old one, that is so clever!:tup: You obviously love your garden and it shows, well done bluezbandit.:clap:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.