Aussies Living Simply

Blue egg at last

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    beccabecca

Ooh, mt ben, I’d love a photo! I’ve never seen a blue egg either!

wizzbefwizzbef

Oh my Lordy. Our Araucana laid her first blue egg yesterday in 9 months also!!

Must be some sort of conspiracy going on between these hens 😉

We have 4 hens and all lay different coloured eggs so I can monitor who is/isn’t doing what

Congratulations Mt Ben :metal::metal:

YuffieYuffie

I’ve got four hens which all lay different colour eggs too, although two of them are leghorns, only one lay white egg, the other lay cream white. The crippled Australorpe lays pinkish cream, and the Araucana lays greenish .. is she a crossbred? I bought it as purebred though…I was so looking forward to see sky blue eggs.. *sigh*

MetuMetu

Congratulations on the eggs finally arriving Mt Ben. I felt the same way a few months ago when mine started laying just before winter.

I have to say though, it took me a while to eat them. They looked so pretty but somewhere in my head it felt “icky” to eat an egg with that colour shell. 😆

Good news is, I got over that phobia in a few weeks. Now I pick up the green eggs and use them just like the regular ones. When I offer eggs to my mum though, she always says, “as long as they’re not the green ones!” 😉

MelissaMelissa

i love my Blue/Green eggs problem is they never lay in the boxes and it takes me days to find where they have been laid

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.