Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Bloggsphere

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    lottiebobslottiebobs

That’s fine, Dan! Will make me get round to updating a bit more often.

zippyzippy

Oh that’s a yes from me Dan

zippyzippy

Oh Imarni I love your blog. The pics and info are inspiring!

I want a bath pond!

ImarniImarni

Thanks Zippy! I love the pond and was able to purchase some cheap solar pumps for under $50 free postage so whilst the sun is shinning all the birds get a free bath 😆

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Oooh I must have read Imarni.. I have 2 bath ponds, maybe I could glean some new ideas from you 🙂

ImarniImarni

Feel free Humbug hope it helps inspire you and your tubs!

roadwarriorroadwarrior

I just updated my blog with a review of the Fenix TK21 high intensity LED torch if anyone’s interested. For those people who’d like to buy a bit of gear to help them prepare, I’ll be doing irregular reviews based on the things I already own as well as those I buy.

rw

McLeonardMcLeonard

Hi roadwarrior

I’m enjoying your blog but discovered I can’t comment on it as I don’t have a blog of my own. So I thought I’d post it here:

I have always used maglites, mainly out of habit. After the cheap ones I had as a kid they seemed wonderful. How do the TK’s compare with the maglites?

Also, I was wondering if you would be doing a review of wind up radios? I’m starting to put together an emergency bag and this seems to be one of the more technical things!

Aimee

roadwarriorroadwarrior

Hi Aimee, to be honest I’ve always thought of the maglites to be expensive, brand-name junk. The fenix torches, and quite a few other brands beat maglite hands down. That is, unless there are new maglites out there I don’t know about.

I have two windup radios I bought a few years ago on eBay that are combo torches and radios, and they still going strong today. Although one of them has a broken switch, they still charge.

To be honest though, I’m quickly realising that some things designed for emergencies or crisis situations that everyone tells you that you need, just simply aren’t needed. And I think windup radios fit that category.

I’ll have to go through my various bug-out-bags as well as my hunting and day-bags to see the things I regularly carry and use.

A good big knife (Kabar), a multi-tool with leather belt holder (can’t beat leatherman Charge TTi), a water bottle, a water purifier like a Steripen, a fenix ld01 on my keychain and a few cheap $2 lighters as well as some flint fire starters. Those are the types of things I regularly carry. Most people would have trouble carrying the Kabar, but I have a hunters licence so I can get away with it fortunately.

hi,

thought I might add my blog. I’m fairly new to blogging…so be gentle :laugh:

http://livingthegentlelife.blogspot.com/

roadwarriorroadwarrior

Hi Trish,

can I suggest you attempt to make a bib out of a towel. We had a friend’s mother stitch us up some of these, and they were the best bibs we found after having three children. They soak up all the wet stuff and stop baby’s clothes from getting wet.

Or can I suggest a bib with a secret compartment for a miniature bug-out-bag-for-baby??? Hmmm…maybe you shouldn’t read my blog 🙂

rw

HTHT

RW

When are the stories beginning again,I havn’t had a bad dream for such along time 🙂

HT

roadwarriorroadwarrior

Sorry HT, but I’ve been living some of my nightmares lately. Maybe one day I’ll tell you all about them…I’m hoping they will come to some type of conclusion this week actually, fingers crossed. When that happens, maybe I’ll be in the mood to spin a bit of future-fiction again.

rw

HTHT

RW

It sounds like you have some very messy stuff going on in your life at the moment, I hope all the “bad mans” go away by the end of the week as you hope.

My best wishes for you and your.

HT

diannedianne
    Participant

maybe RW needs a “friday nightman” too :whistle:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.