Aussies Living Simply

Bicarb soda cheaply in Adelaide.

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Natural Cleaners and Products for the Home Bicarb soda cheaply in Adelaide.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    VanessaVanessa

I am after some bicarb soda in more than the little boxes at the supermarket.

I have found it at Master butchers on Churchill Road in 2kg ($6.60) or 25kg ($41.25), obviously the 25kg wors out better value, but that is a lot of bicarb.

Is there anyone who would be interested in sharing this quantity.

Or is there anywhere else worth checking out for bulk bicarb at reasonable prices??

GrethGreth

Dont know if they have it but Gaganis Brothers are a great wholesaler to get bulk stuff.

BelBel

I’d be happy to share some VAnessa. Not sure if it’s a good price, but sounds fair to me!

RobyneRobyne

Looking at the price of what Vanessa can get Bicarb is very cheap

HB type is $1.65 for 250g Harpers is $2.95 in Woolies dearer in Foodland.

I use it fro a lot of things I have a dishwasher and its the only cleaner I use in it with vinegar as a rinse aid.

Sone will be going there on his next time off work so I will get him to get me a bag full. He wants sausage skins from there.

IdunaIduna

If it works out cheaper than buying it in the 1kg packs in the supermarket I’ll be happy to split a few kgs with you. Means I can make more bath bombs.

VanessaVanessa

Ok so if I was to get some who would want what sort of quantities???

KristyKristy

Vanessa I am very interested, although I do wonder what type of container does the 25 kg’s come in? Does Bi-Carb have a use by date? I was thinking if it came in a container I can store it in, I might consider the 25kgs. I use a lot of bi-carb, well I donn’t at the moment, but I would…

The other thing I would like in bulk is vinegar to go with the bi-carb. Those bottles in the shop don’t last very long at all.

VanessaVanessa

Grrr!!!, what is happening to my replies

third time lucky???? the 25kg is in a bag, not a tub

BelBel

Perhaps 5kg?

RobyneRobyne

Did a bit of maths works out to $1.65 akilo

It does go stale you put a bit in water it should bubble if it doesn’t its still fine for cleaning not cooking.

jrose6jrose6

I have bought bicarb from Coopers at Mylor – was some time ago now – horse supply places sell it in bulk.

I only use this for cleaning as you just scoop it out of a big tub – however much you need, I think it was about a dollar a kg when last bought – ages ago now so unsure of current prices

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.