Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Bellandarreh Farm

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Property Tales Bellandarreh Farm

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    BelBel

I’ve really missed this forum – FB is just not the same! I’m going to make an effort to pop in here more often to update this thread and participate in others. I’ll be back with some farm pics later 🙂

dentydogdentydog

Great thread Bel, your piece of dirt is lovely, great area around the hills there, look forward to more updated 🙂

BelBel

thanks dentydog.  We certainly like it 🙂  Today we picked up some spent grain from Lady Burra Brewery to feed our pigs, chickens and ducks.  They love it!

JazJaz

Lovely happy looking animals there 🙂

BelBel

Thanks Jaz!

dentydogdentydog

Aww love the pics of your animals enjoying their tucker!

ferhiljoeferhiljoe
    Participant

wow o wow I am so envious

MistyHMistyH
    Participant

Love the photos Bel 🙂

BelBel

We picked up about another 400-500kg wet brewers grain again yesterday – the animals sure do love it and it saves it going to landfill.  We also picked up another couple of sows a few weeks ago and they have taken quite a liking to our big boar, Bruce.  With a bit of luck, we’ll have some babies later this year!

busylizziebusylizzie
    Participant

Wow, haven’t some of us come along way since starting our journey of “living simply”.  Is it everything you thought it would be Bel?  Hard work and all. :bz  Lizzie

BelBel

Gosh, it’s been a while since my last update. The first piglets were born on the farm and we’ve had a great spring of baby lambs, chicks and ducks. Managing a 25 acre farm, 2 kids, full-time work (both hubby and I) and a preserving ‘hobby’ sure keeps us busy but I love every minute! We now have 5 sows, 1 boar, 15 ewes, 10 lambs, 100+ chickens /chicks, 7 ducks, 2 alpacas, 1 pet rabbit, 1 dog, 1 cat and a stack of wildlife on our doorstep. The downside of all the animals and other work this year has been a massive reduction in the time I have for my veg garden. My goal for this year is to grow many more veggies.

BelBel

Gosh, it’s been a while since my last update. The first piglets were born on the farm and we’ve had a great spring of baby lambs, chicks and ducks. Managing a 25 acre farm, 2 kids, full-time work (both hubby and I) and a preserving ‘hobby’ sure keeps us busy but I love every minute! We now have 5 sows, 1 boar, 15 ewes, 10 lambs, 100+ chickens /chicks, 7 ducks, 2 alpacas, 1 pet rabbit, 1 dog, 1 cat and a stack of wildlife on our doorstep. The downside of all the animals and other work this year has been a massive reduction in the time I have for my veg garden. My goal for this year is to grow many more veggies.

SnagsSnags

You have to get the ratio right meat and 3 veg …lol

BelBel

That’s where I’m going wrong! 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.