July 10, 2013 at 5:39 pm #533004dianneParticipant
Well good luck for your offer. We had a realestate agent taking it really slowly with us, until we said we were looking else where. I would just happen to mention you were going to look/offer on another place on the weekend, it might just help things along.July 10, 2013 at 7:17 pm #533005
Thanks Dianne. That’s part of the reason we are looking at other properties – the agent is aware because most of them are listed with the same agency!! It seems you can’t buy many properties in the area of the Adelaide Hills we’re looking at without going through them. Very off-putting tbth!July 11, 2013 at 2:39 pm #533006AshilleongMember
Good luck – it is disappointing when you are working with an uncooperative agent! Don’t they know they don’t get paid if the property doesn’t sell?
Don’t be afraid to walk away for a bit – it took AGES for us to buy our new house as there wass a lot of back and forth going on. The agent also told us they’d turned down the last offer when they’s accepted, so unfortunately some agents do stuff you aroud a bit.
I think if this is the right place for you it will come through.July 11, 2013 at 8:27 pm #533007
Thanks for all the encouragement. We have decided that if they don’t take this offer, we are going to sit tight. After all, there aren’t any other people looking to purchase the property, so we should be in poll position.
On the upside, the agent did call back today (amazing! Normally takes them ages to consider an offer….). He asked whether we’d be open to pushing back the settlement date if they did accept our offer. Also wanted to know if we still wanted to inspect the other property on the weekend if they accept our offer. We said YES, we just don’t know what might happen with this place..
Fingers crossed – this is the most positive it’s been for a while. I don’t think they’d be asking the ‘what-if’s’ if they weren’t seriously considering taking our offer.July 12, 2013 at 12:14 pm #533008jaden62Member
We had settlement yesterday & will now spend the next week washing walls, painting & moving stuff, before the movers come in on Saturday & shift the furniture.
Now the “downside” that we didn’t find out about during the open/s. We first looked over the property before it even went on the market. The next day was the first open so we went back, & went again on the Sunday. No noise of dogs anywhere around. Yay!! (we have a dog, & the little dog down the back is very aggressive @ the fence – consequently my dog has learnt to carry on @ the back fence, & he’s a lot bigger & a lot noisier)
What happens yesterday? The whole of the time we were there, there were 2 dogs & the side fence that barked & carried on the WHOLE of the time – about 4hrs, whether we were inside or out. What have we just gotten ourselves into?July 12, 2013 at 6:24 pm #533009
How disappointing for you jaden62! Hopefully they calm down or maybe they’re just ‘visiting’ and not there all the time. Good luck with the move 🙂
Guess what? The vendors accepted our second offer on the Mt Pleasant property!! :woohoo: We are still going to look at the other Birdwood property tomorrow, just in case, but all looking good at this stage. We’ve had to negotiate a few bits and pieces and now need to sell our home, but at least we’ve got a property to move to when we sell! So excited/nervous.
Now we’re researching livestock and associated issues. We’ve been watching Wild Shepherdess and saw some interesting farms with damaras which sound really good. We also want to get a couple of pigs. Can’t wait!!July 12, 2013 at 9:51 pm #533010froot_loopzMember
they will probably settle down once they get used to your noise Jaden62. Good luck with your move
exciting about the mt pleasant property Bel.July 13, 2013 at 1:00 am #533011BobbeeMember
Sounds positive Bel. :tup:
Jaden62 maybe it will be worth introducing yourselves to the neighbours and meeting the dogs. When they get to know you they may not make such a commotion.
🙂July 13, 2013 at 2:47 am #533012JilstaParticipant
Bel that is great news, I envy you, just a question about your offer and waiting to sell. Did you have a condition of an offer subject to sale of your house. We are looking at relocating and the real estate agents told us that most sellers won’t except an offer with a condition of selling our house as it could take forever and the other sellers may have to wait too long… I could understand that. We are trying to work out whether to sell and then rent or even rent in new location while waiting to sell house
Congrats on the new house, sounds very exciting
JillJuly 13, 2013 at 1:09 pm #533013
Jilsta post=357351 wrote: Bel that is great news, I envy you, just a question about your offer and waiting to sell. Did you have a condition of an offer subject to sale of your house. We are looking at relocating and the real estate agents told us that most sellers won’t except an offer with a condition of selling our house as it could take forever and the other sellers may have to wait too long… I could understand that. We are trying to work out whether to sell and then rent or even rent in new location while waiting to sell house
Congrats on the new house, sounds very exciting
Thanks Jill. We did put in an offer subject to the sale of our house for a certain price. Very stringent conditions from our point of view which gave us really good protection. We weren’t willing to move from our beautiful home if we didn’t have the perfect property to move to and if we couldn’t get a great price for ours. The agent did say that our offer wouldn’t be as strong and we couldn’t ask for as little for the property, but in the end we still got it at the lowest end of their price range. We are living in town at the moment and the suburb we live in sells very fast. The agent selling our house was able to tell the agent we bought from that our house is likely to sell for what we asking, which strengthened our offer. I know it would have been different if we were selling another property in the country as they tend to stay on the market longer.
Of course, it all falls through if we don’t sell our house for the asking price! Lots of pressure now to make sure our house is up to scratch in the next week or two!
Good luck with whatever your decision is. We knew that finding the right property could take us years (and did), so we weren’t willing to sell and rent and give up our beautiful home in the meantime.July 13, 2013 at 6:44 pm #533014
We looked at the ‘other’ house at Birdwood today, but it wasn’t nearly as nice as our Mt Pleasant property. We signed the contract for the Mt Pleasant property while we were there, so now we just have to wait for cooling-off, building inspection etc. We should be getting photos taken of our place during the week in preparation for sale…July 14, 2013 at 12:47 am #533015dierichParticipant
Congratulations Bel, and good luck with selling your place. Don’t get too disheartened if your place doesn’t sell quickly – if the place you are buying has been on the market for a while and there are no other buyers they will probably be happy to extend if you don’t sell in the first time-frame. We ended up on our third extension before we finally made the move! It was made easier that our agent was the agent for both properties (in the end for the property the people we bought from bought too so he had a nice pay-cheque for Easter!), so he was able to keep them up to date, but if they have no other option, they are better off sticking with you than starting all over again.July 14, 2013 at 10:14 pm #533016dianneParticipant
SO HAPPY FOR YOU BEL!!!!!!!!! CONGRATSJuly 15, 2013 at 2:31 am #533017busylizzieParticipant
Hooray Bel, such great news, I know how long you have waited for this to happen, exciting news, wow, a whole new chapter in your life, cant wait to hear more, congrats and best wishes Lizzie xoxoxox (stupid smilies still dont work)July 15, 2013 at 12:06 pm #533018GirlFridayMember
Congratulations 🙂 Even the name sounds nice ‘Mt Pleasant’.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.