July 3, 2013 at 2:07 am #532989froot_loopzMember
Looks good Bel, hope they accept your offer.
good luck with the move Jaden62 and your hubbies businessJuly 3, 2013 at 12:20 pm #532990
If anyone wants to have a look @ the sort of stuff he’s doing, look up
on facebook. He had his appointment with NEIS yesterday & they are going to help him & support him to get it up & running, what he’s been doing so far are mainly things to showcase his talents – we’ve only sold a couple of things.
froot_loopz, I’m currently going crazy, trying to work out how to pack things (been a long time since my last move) & how to keep the packed things out of the way while we’re still trying to live here!July 3, 2013 at 10:35 pm #532991KristyMember
Bel how exciting, hope it all works out for you 🙂
The Callington place was just down the road from me, we could of been neighbours lol…July 3, 2013 at 11:01 pm #532992
Hi there Kristy!! Haven’t seen you here for ages. How are you? I thought of you every time I thought of the Callington property and wondered if it was near to you. If we went down the track of putting in an offer, I was going to contact you to get your thoughts about the property and Callington in general….July 4, 2013 at 3:47 pm #532993dianneParticipant
Bel post=357175 wrote: How exciting Dianne! Have you decided what sort of house you’re going to build if you get the land?
yes, we found a kit home ages ago, its taken so long to find somewhere to put it I think I have completly built and designed it (in my head) aready. its pretty big, and am sure some would same too big but I am planing incase we need to fill it with other family some day down the track. Im a little dawnted by how much work there is to do, but keep telling myself a little bit at a time, and it will be so worth it. I cant wait!!July 4, 2013 at 5:41 pm #532994VanessaMember
Jaden62, there is a woman in Gawler trying to set up an artisian market, (i think that is sort of like an artists/hand made market). She runs Conversations Cafe (again check it out on Facebook) I can pass this on to her and see if something comes of it.July 4, 2013 at 11:59 pm #532995
Sounds great Dianne! Keep us posted 🙂July 5, 2013 at 3:40 am #532996
Vanessa, I found the post on facebook where you asked if I might be interested & I’ve answered both you & her.
ThanksJuly 5, 2013 at 12:26 pm #532997busylizzieParticipant
Yahoooo Bel & Di(welcome back stranger) how exciting for you both. Bel the property is gorgeous and all that acreage. Hope it comes thru, you will be able to grow lots of stuff and sell at the local farmers market. Sooooo excited for you, been coming for a loooong time. Cant wait for next instalment.
Lizzie xo 🙂July 5, 2013 at 12:59 pm #532998
Thanks Busylizzie – don’t see you on here much lately. We’re still waiting to hear back from the agent re our offer!! We’re looking at another couple of properties on Sunday as well, just as back-up in case the Mt Pleasant one falls though, although that one is the one we really want! We spend ages saying, ‘when we move to our property, we can do xxxx’. We are so excited. The house is spic and span, so we’re moving this time, one way or the other! I think I’ll dig out a few of my young fruit trees before we put it on the market though – they’re small enough to transport and I’d hate to leave them all behind….
These are the ones we’re looking at on Sunday:July 9, 2013 at 12:10 pm #532999
A quick update. 10 days after putting in our first offer, the agent finally got back to us and told us they’ve turned our offer down (no big surprise). We are finding the agent very hard to deal with – he is not keen in engaging in any dialogue or negotiation. We are almost begging him to sell us the property, but he won’t come to the party. Everything is on a formal contract, presented in person – I don’t think he even knows that telephones or email exist!! I think the vendors would be furious if they knew how hard the agent is making it for us to buy their property. We are going to put in another offer today and see what happens. If they keep stuffing us around, we’ll look elsewhere or not move at all. The property has been on the market for about 9 months – you think they’d be keen to sell! The agent who will sell our house told us that the whole reason he went into real estate is because he bought his property from the same agents we’re dealing with and they were hopeless! Grrrr. Lol – the agent also said they’d accept a lower offer for cash. CASH! Who’s got that sort of cash available to buy a property?!July 9, 2013 at 12:21 pm #533000
Good luck Bel. The agent we’ve been dealing with has been fantastic. Working for the vendor, but keeping us in the loop all the way & very approachable.
The offer was accepted & notified to us on the same day as we made it, & settlement is due to be this Friday!!July 9, 2013 at 12:43 pm #533001
Great news Jaden62 – yay!!
Ours just shouldn’t be this hard! Oh well, they might lose the sale in the end….July 9, 2013 at 4:58 pm #533002dianneParticipant
Bel, hugs for you. (I cant get dam smilies to work) Keep on trying if it is really what you wont.July 10, 2013 at 5:28 pm #533003
Our next offer is going in today. If they don’t take this one, we’re going to sit on it for a while. It’s been on the market for about 9 months, we’re the only potential purchasers and they’ve only had one previous offer.
In the meantime, we’re going to look at this one on Sunday:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.