Aussies Living Simply

Bel wants to move to a property – again!!

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Property Tales Bel wants to move to a property – again!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Bel

We’re looking at a property in Callington on the weekend. The main residence is a converted Quaker barn. I don’t know much about that sort of dwelling and have no idea what to look out for. Do they make good houses? I’m just a bit wary of what seems like a big shed in some respects, although I’m sure it’s not much different to a steel framed home. I do worry about insulation though. Anyway, I’m rambling. Your input is much appreciated. Here is the property: Callington Property

calliecat
    Participant

I see nothing wrong with that, in fact it’s lovely

lots of people have shed on outside but still perfectly good house inside

i seen nothing wrong with that

just ask if it’s insulated, it will be like any other house –

Iduna

This group makes them and they have suppliers here so you could get specs from them to get an idea.

Robyne

There are several in Goolwa and in Milang and the other place near by Name has gone from me at the moment.

There is a big one just outside of Currency Creek turnoff on the Goolwa to Strath rd. they are on solar.

its done up lovely inside. He made the lovely stair case all in fancy metal.

A house is what you make it, they are lovely to look at and some are done up really nice.

Robyne

The one near Milang is Clayton there are several there all different styles

Sorry about the blank :hug:

dierich
    Participant

I’ve no idea on your questions,but the place looks lovely Bel! I think you’ll know when you walk inside whether its for you or not. Granny flat is an added bonus!

Bel

Thanks for the input guys. A bit excited, but trying not to get my hopes up. I’m all about practicality – not worried about aesthetics. I guess what I really don’t know about is how long-lasting it is as a building material and whether it will rust out over time or something like that. I worry about it being hot in summer and cold in winter. I don’t want to move into a house that will be falling down in years to come or will need lots of costly maintenance…

calliecat
    Participant

doubt it, it will last for your lifetime at least,

totally off topic, – I’ve received 64 thankyous – I never knew that

and how come I can’t post any smilies???

awwww – no smilies – oh well, I’ll have to do it manually

THREAD HIJACK – THREAD HIJACK

sorry lol

Bel

S’alright calliecat, hijack away. I’ve never really looked at the thank-you’s. Just saw I have 111! 🙂 My smilies aren’t working either – I have to manually enter them again.

Off to look at the property at 1.15 today. Fingers crossed!

calliecat
    Participant

it looks lovely

froot_loopz

Have fun. It does look lovely

Bobbee

It looks terrific Bel, but I can’t help with answers to your questions, sorry about that.

Good luck with it whatever you decide.

🙂

Vanessa

So…..How did it go?

Bel

We loved it. We’re going to put in an offer, but just working out finances, sale of our house etc first. Very exciting, but trying not to get swept up in it all so we don’t offer more than we want to pay.

mudhen

Oh, Bel, that is REALLY exciting!! I hope the whole process runs smoothly for you — not that I want you to move, but I know how big a dream this has been for your family! I will try and catch up with you this weekend if you’re around 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 99 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.