Aussies Living Simply

Attention Admins – Posts being truncated on iPad.

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Attention Admins – Posts being truncated on iPad.

• This topic has 89 replies, 34 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Ayla.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    Miaowzen

It shouldn’t be a difficult fix to set the main joomla panel to an adjustable width > width of its components instead of fixed width?

As it is now, the width of these text boxes are fixed, but the main panel holding them is too small. I am assuming it is set to a fixed % of screen width irrespective of whether that is smaller than the components.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Reckon I’m gonna nag about this, cos it is making following any

conversation really really hard! Even replying is a PITB cos you have

to remember to hit enter when you’re near the end of the visible line.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Could an admin or moderator please let us know if anything is being

done about this at all???

Thisildo
    Participant

The problem seems to be fixed on my computer this evening.

I don’t know who fixed it but Thank You. It was driving me crazy.

I spoke to soon. Son had reduced the font size, the setout of the page is still 1/3 missing. 🙁

AlanE
    Participant

Still have the problem here. It hasn’t changed in the last three weeks… 🙁

Andre
    Keymaster

Hi folks .. all I can is I’m as in the dark as you are. (mind you, other than the login hiccup, I have no problems).

I’ve notified the Admins .. that’s the best I can do. It’s up to them now. I’ve only had minimal contact ….

It may not be caused by their ‘tweaking’, but the website providers themselves … or the Kunena software? I have no idea :S

penny

I’m still having the problem. Hope it is solved soon as I’m off to Halls Creek on Wednesday and only have my ipad

Airgead

Sorry folks

Dan has been doing some tweaking of the site template an I think that’s what has broken the ipad. It seems to have broken some of the emoticons as well.

I have been trying to talk to him about it but he is a busy guy at the moment…

Bear with us.

Cheers

Dave

Judi B
    Keymaster

Thank you at least we know someone is looking into it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you!

Cobby

🙁 it’s even worse on an iPhone, I can’t see beyond halfway along the ‘Page 2’ box at the bottom of the page! I thing the admins have to have a seperate mobile device web browser, from what I’ve seen on other pages and forums. Has anyone else seen that whilst web surfing away from their PC’s?

narelleh

Marigold I would do what you typed in there except it is off the screen (and now so was what i just typed!)

Is anyone from admin taking any notice???

The first time this happened i took no notice – glitch i thought but every time i am on ALS it is like it. No other pages pose a problem on any other site. I have tried firefox and IE and have used both the laptop and the desk top with the same results!

I find it very frustrating to try to ‘guess’ what is being said – as Judi says :S

Hummer
    Keymaster

narelleh post=347404 wrote:

Is anyone from admin taking any notice???

Airgead wrote:

Sorry folks

Dan has been doing some tweaking of the site template an I think that’s what has broken the ipad. It seems to have broken some of the emoticons as well.

I have been trying to talk to him about it but he is a busy guy at the moment…

Bear with us.

Cheers

Dave

We are doing the best we can Narelle, in our busy lives. I’m sure it will all be back to normal in no time.. (what ever normal is :blink: )

Hang loose folks 🙂

narelleh

i do not have login issues – always there each time

i do not and have never used an ‘i’ anything to view ALS so do not think it is just about the device that it is being accessed with

i first remember noticing it around 2 weeks ago cos it bothered me

:S

Eira Clapton
    Participant

I have tried fixing my viewing problem by changing browsers, but no success. If I type an answer to a post, the comment screen helpfully moves over to the right so I can see what I am typing, but in posts which have been made by others, I can’t find a way to get the whole post to be seen -it only affects the right hand side of the screen. I also can’t navigate between pages, because I can’t see all the page numbers on the right hand side.

Have tried full screen view too.

I don’t want to seem like I am nagging at all – I understand that people have other things in their lives than fixing this. It is just that the forum is really unreadable to me in its current form.

No, I am not reading on an Ipad or any other apple device.

Good luck to whomever is trying to fix it.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.