Aussies Living Simply

Attention Admins – Posts being truncated on iPad.

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up Attention Admins – Posts being truncated on iPad.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • Author
    AlanEAlanE
    Participant

Judi, I’ve had that happen. I’ve found that if i log in and it comes up and asks me to log in again, if I click on home and then forum, all of a sudden I’m logged in.

Then I’m ok until I close my browser right down. If I reopen my browser I have to log in again.

Hope that made sense.

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

So .. viewers at home .. can you think back – how long has this been happening?

Has it always happened on your iPad?

For those with laptops/desktops – when did it start for you?

Other than the login issues – which I’ve had for about 6 months – (where I have to write in my details to enter, even though I have clicked ‘remember me’) I have had no other problems on my macbook.

Judi B – if you had a similar problem to what I described, what I found is that you can do it once, and then just go into a thread anyway. You will find, as I did, that it WILL log you in. It worked for me.

calliecatcalliecat
    Participant

I have no problems viewing posts, never have had

it was just the log in issue with me

next time it happens, I’ll just click on a thread anyway and see – thanks

AlanEAlanE
    Participant

Andre post=346958 wrote: So .. viewers at home .. can you think back – how long has this been happening?

Has it always happened on your iPad?

For those with laptops/desktops – when did it start for you?

Other than the login issues – which I’ve had for about 6 months – (where I have to write in my details to enter, even though I have clicked ‘remember me’) I have had no other problems on my macbook.

Judi B – if you had a similar problem to what I described, what I found is that you can do it once, and then just go into a thread anyway. You will find, as I did, that it WILL log you in. It worked for me.

Hi Andre, the iPad issue (truncated posts) only started about two weeks ago. I noticed some changes to the main Forum layout so I assume the page was tweaked at this time and that caused this problem. One change I noticed was a flag had been added to indicate threads that contain your posts.

The log in issues seem to have been around for a while.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It started happening for me the day I first posted on it. Will go back

and see which day that was.

ETA Last Tues

S.O.PS.O.P

Don’t know if this has been mentioned, but the stock browser on Android ICS OS, also is cut off.

pennypenny

I’m having the same problem. I may have posted this before but I can’t click onto the next page because it is truncated and I can’t see the second page symbol.

donkeynomaddonkeynomad

Stared for me around two weeks ago. It is so annoying that I don’t bother trying to read these forums any more. I don’t have an ipod just my PC at home. Just had to reply here today ’cause I’m so frustrated.

VickieVickie

It’s the same on my iphone, end of page cut off. But all fine in windows.

Eira ClaptonEira Clapton
    Participant

I am having trouble on my home computer too -can’t see the right hand. Any solutions yet?

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Earthmotherwithin post=347052 wrote: I am having trouble on my home computer too -can’t see the right hand. Any solutions yet?

Apparently not.. yet.

I have no doubts the Admins are ‘frantically’ working behind the scenes … us mere Mods don’t have the ability (or expertise) to play with the programming of the site. :blink:

We get our kicks out of deleting posts and locking threads :woohoo:

:whistle:

Anonymous
    Inactive

If it helps at all, after I login (and get asked to do it again, but I

just click ‘recent topics’ and I’m in), after I do that, at the top of

the page I get an error that says

COM_KUNENA_ERROR_TOKEN

Anonymous
    Inactive

today’s visit – my login details were already in the boxes (I’ve had to

type them in myself all this last week) and login worked as it is

supposed to 🙂

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

I’ve still had trouble with login keeps telling me “session has expired” so I tried going to a post then to the forum still not logged in.

MiaowzenMiaowzen

The ipad truncation issue happened the day of or the day before this thread was started

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 90 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.