Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

apricot season

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    forestforest

I did a big stockpiling shop today. I went to Aldi for lots of canned food and dried goods, the bulk food store for bread flour, pulses and nuts, the green grocer, bought a milk thermometer, and some double ended knitting needles – for my mittens and socks project. I wanted to buy a box of apricots as I want to put up some dried fruit while all this delicious stone fruit is cheap and in season. NO APRICOTS! They still have peaches, nectarines and plums but no apricots. :upsetw: I thought apricots were in season through until February. Is this right?

FranceyneFranceyne

My tree is well and truely over and done with…it has been fruitless for over a week now…

QujeQuje

Same same, my tree’s fruit is all gone 😥 What we didn’t manage to pick, the birds cleaned up

The biggest grower of apricots down here lost half the crop in big winds right on harvest time, so there is a shortage.

forestforest

ahhh, that must be it. I remember most stone fruit being around all january and most of Feb.

SpriteSprite

Hello Rhonda

Depending on where you are, the apricot season goes from November through to Feburary, if you are down south I would have thought they would still be available. Our apricots were well and truly finished in November

bazmanbazman

We have had amazing growth from our apricot tree but it’s yet to fruit, it’s fully mulched beyond the drip line and is fed with compost and organic extra, I think a large sheeoak close by might be effecting it. I’m looking forward to trying some of it’s fruit as it’s such a pretty tree.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.