Aussies Living Simply

Apple & Pear flowering in summer?

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Fruit, Vines, Nuts and Sprouts Apple & Pear flowering in summer?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dustygrl70dustygrl70

A few weeks ago I noticed our Snow Pear (ornamental) had clusters of flowers, and now one of the low chill apples is flowering too. This seemed a bit weird – what do you think?

scarecrowscarecrow

Yep it’s happening here too!

Yesterday on his radio talkback garden show Malcolm Campbell suggested removing the flowers from fruiting trees. The tree will be using energy to flower instead of putting it into making the fruit properly. :geek: :tup:

FeyWindFeyWind

My Apple is looking rather dodgy and not too healthy but my mulberry thinks it is spring! I’ll have another crop! :tup:

purplehatpurplehat

Our apple is doing the same, but since we only planted it in January, I’m not all that surprised that it’s confused.. We don’t have a second apple tree, either, so no fruit for us! Interesting to hear others with more established trees are confused too… :shrug:

vicki tvicki t

my apple has big fruit on it and now some more flowers and my pear has got two flowers, everyone elses have finished fruiting….poor confused trees:confused:

dustygrl70dustygrl70

Isn’t it weird? Glad mine aren’t the only confused trees 😆

We’ve got an Illawarra Flame tree flowering and some citrus as well.

P

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.