Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Anyone know where I can get cheap merino roving/tops/silver for felting?

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Spinning, Dyeing, Knitting, Sewing, Weaving Anyone know where I can get cheap merino roving/tops/silver for felting?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tarntarn

Hi

I’ve just done a little bit of messing around with felting and now I’d like to do a bigger project – a small felted rug for next to my bed. So….I’m after a couple of kgs of inexpensive merino tops – preferably natural cream/white colour. I’m in the north east of Melbourne so somewhere nearby would be lovely – does anyone know where I can get some?

Thanks in advance!

tarn

ali_celtali_celt

Depends on what you mean by cheap LOL

I can easily get you some in from Ashford. They are new Zealand corridale wool, not merino – but that’s probably better for a floor rug, corriedale is much harder wearing.

Price is $52.50 per kilo inc. drop shipping to your place.

Can do merino if you like it, but that’s $65.00 a kilo.

Let me know!

KaffKaff

Hi Tarn, do they have to be tops for a floor rug? I can send you some merino x fleece from my own sheep. I’ve dyed it quite successfully with food colouring. PM me if you’re interested.

leftylefty

Hi Tarn,

Don’t get on the net very often and have just seen this. Virginia Farms Woolworks have Merino tops for about $30 – not sure about postage. Web Address is:

http://www.virginiafarmwoolworks.com.au/

cheers

Glenda

WombatWombat

You just beat me to it, Glenda!:D

Good to see you back:wave:

Nev

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.