Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Anyone know what went wrong here?

Home Forums HOMEMADE Soaps and soapmaking Anyone know what went wrong here?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #256392
    LCNLCN
    Member

    I love experimenting with my soaps and have made this berry bash one several times but this time I did it in my goat’s milk soap. Anyone ever used berry’s in a goats milk soap? is this normal or anyone know what went wrong?

    That is like the juices forming as bubbles on the surface.

    #518138
    Anonymous
    Guest

    i know nothing of this talent, but could the berries be fermenting?

    len

    #518139
    LCNLCN
    Member

    hhhmmm maybe but something has seriously gone wrong as after 48 hours now I just went to turn it out of the mould and it is gooie and lunpy and pale like the inside of an apple pie when in a normal soap (non GM) it always comes out as every other soap with a purple tinge.

    so I guess this will be one that gets rebatched HP method and see if that works.

    #518140
    Nature GirlNature Girl
    Member

    I know this topic is a bit old now but thought I’d chime in anyway since I just joined the forum and have been a hobby soaper for a few years now.

    The picture isn’t really clear but it does look a bit like its been sweating, sometimes it will reabsorb back into the soap but sometimes it evaporates to leave lye crystals.

    #518141
    shadowdancershadowdancer
    Member

    without knowing the exact ingredients and seeing it in it’s cut state, it’s a little hard to tell, but it looks like it’s heated up and sweat, exuding glycerine on the top.

    Being a milk soap, was it insulated? If so, this is def. “sweat” and won’t necessarily re-absorb. It could also be a larger amount of unsaponified fats within the soap, so attention may need to be looked into if you used a Lye discount (superfatted) and if so, at what percentage.

    When I use something such as citrus juices etc, anything that’s acidic, I tend to lessen my lye discount, and soap at a higher rate of NoH, to accommodate the part of the lye that will be neutralised by the acid of the juice. If you used something such as raspberries, perhaps it’s a little oil that wasn’t able to be processed by the limited lye from the berries usage. 🙂

    Hope this helps a little.. complicated as it can be. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.