Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Anyone know what went wrong here?

Home Forums HOMEMADE Soaps and soapmaking Anyone know what went wrong here?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    LCNLCN

I love experimenting with my soaps and have made this berry bash one several times but this time I did it in my goat’s milk soap. Anyone ever used berry’s in a goats milk soap? is this normal or anyone know what went wrong?

That is like the juices forming as bubbles on the surface.

Anonymous

i know nothing of this talent, but could the berries be fermenting?

len

LCNLCN

hhhmmm maybe but something has seriously gone wrong as after 48 hours now I just went to turn it out of the mould and it is gooie and lunpy and pale like the inside of an apple pie when in a normal soap (non GM) it always comes out as every other soap with a purple tinge.

so I guess this will be one that gets rebatched HP method and see if that works.

Nature GirlNature Girl

I know this topic is a bit old now but thought I’d chime in anyway since I just joined the forum and have been a hobby soaper for a few years now.

The picture isn’t really clear but it does look a bit like its been sweating, sometimes it will reabsorb back into the soap but sometimes it evaporates to leave lye crystals.

shadowdancershadowdancer

without knowing the exact ingredients and seeing it in it’s cut state, it’s a little hard to tell, but it looks like it’s heated up and sweat, exuding glycerine on the top.

Being a milk soap, was it insulated? If so, this is def. “sweat” and won’t necessarily re-absorb. It could also be a larger amount of unsaponified fats within the soap, so attention may need to be looked into if you used a Lye discount (superfatted) and if so, at what percentage.

When I use something such as citrus juices etc, anything that’s acidic, I tend to lessen my lye discount, and soap at a higher rate of NoH, to accommodate the part of the lye that will be neutralised by the acid of the juice. If you used something such as raspberries, perhaps it’s a little oil that wasn’t able to be processed by the limited lye from the berries usage. 🙂

Hope this helps a little.. complicated as it can be. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.