Aussies Living Simply

Ants in the house

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    SnagsSnags

Im winning most of the time now….Im sure they are real busy because its officially the driest Feb on record…If it rains they will go away…its just not raining….and I dont really know where the nest is,,,,,,and they say up here if you have ants you dont have termites so I dont really want to get rid of them all.

SnagsSnags

To be sure to be sure they went mad again …I left some fat in the bin from St Patricks Day corned beef and cabbage….It seems its just the occasional invasion now,,,,,the vinegar cloves water and tea tree oil seem to work ,,,,I have it in a spray bottle ….it seems to kill them on contact too.

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

I must remember that concoction snags any particular amounts?

SnagsSnags

Its by eye…but roughly 4 parts vinegar,1 part metho,a splash of tea tree a few whole cloves and 1 part water,,,,the cloves and tea tree smell nice you cant really smell the other stuff…..see a big line spray the lot then mop the floor with it…2 jobs in one…it deodorises the bin too and gets rid of stains from the tiles

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

thanks snags I am all for doing 2 jobs in 1 🙂

SnagsSnags

Debbie slowed them down for a minute,they tried getting in through a second story window, they must of been hiding in it during the rain…a few squirts and they went away

SnagsSnags

Had no ants for a few months its getting warm and they are just starting again…..such a warm winter this year usually they go away for a lot longer

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.