Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Another sad vaccination story

Home Forums HOMEMADE Natural Remedies and Health Support Another sad vaccination story

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    baringaparkbaringapark

http://www.naturematters.info/

Investigate before you vaccinate…:( 🙁 🙁

IdunaIduna

I would still vaccinate, I have seen what can happen when you don’t.

Michelle-smMichelle-sm

OMG!! That is absolutely heartbreaking.:(

I recently had a heated discussion with my two SIL’s about my objection to mass vaccination(poisoning) and was shocked by how viciously they both attacked my view.

I love my two SIL’s and we get along very well but this is one subject we will never agree on.

One of my SIL’s is a midwife and is adamant that it is irresponsible to not vaccinate but she does concede that it is probably not a good thing to inject so many diseases into a small baby at the same time.

My first grandson had a violent reaction to his first round of vaccinations, which my DD only had done because they told her he would not be permitted to go to daycare or pre-school if she didn’t have them. I believe from that day on he changed, his personality was different. I can’t put my finger on it but something was not right.

She has now been told he needs speech therapy and he has social interaction problems. I believe this was caused by the vaccinations and no-one will ever convince me differently.

I recently had a heated discussion with my two SIL’s about my objection to mass vaccination(poisoning) and was shocked by how viciously they both attacked my view.

A proposed defence for you:

They probably see it as child abuse. “Probably” is the right word here for many reasons including statistics.

The short version is (still longer than I would like):

Benefits of vaccination x risk of nothing bad happening is still greater than negatives of vaccination x risk of something bad happening.

In every probability, with nothing else to use, it is far safer to vaccinate than not but this is a statistical trend created from many good experiences of vaccination compared to a few bad ones.

You mentioned adverse effects to the vaccination…this changes probability significantly. If you want to defend yourself to your friends, point out that vaccination is far safer than not vaccinating only if all things are equal.

In your case, things do not appear to be equal hence your stance not to vaccinate a child based on that child’s prior reaction. The probabilities have changed in this particular case so the verbal equation I mentioned does not apply to this child.

There is something called Herd Immunity where an unprotected child amidst protected children is safer than expected because a disease can’t make the jump between unprotected children because they are, in epidemiological terms, too far away from each other to transmit an infection.

If your child is among such children, they still have quite a good measure of protection due to herd immunity and so you are not forsaking a child’s health by forgoing vaccination.

Indeed, by avoiding something that is demonstrably bad for your child, you would be enhancing its health.

Tangent: Statistically, vaccines are far safer than the diseases they prevent. Studies to the contrary are usually flawed in methodologies (i.e.: Wrong because someone was incompetent). Analogy: I have anecdotal evidence (yes I know) from a cop friend that seatbelts occasionally cause injuries. To stop wearing seatbelts based on a few isolated incidents would be silly. Odds are they will save your life.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

Sad story!

ballamaraballamara
    Keymaster

If the polio vaccine had been around when I was 7 I would not have spent the rest of my life in capilers and on crutches. Before any one passes judgement walk a mile in my shoes.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

no judgement here ballamara :hug:

GrethGreth

There are risks with any medications, standard or alternative.

The Herd Immunity issue is significant, if 10% of the population is not immunised, they are probably not at risk. If more than 20% are not immunised, there are certain to be epidemics among them. Sure measles can be mild, it can also cause lifetime disability or death. Thousands of kids die each year for lack of access to vaccine, maybe a few would still die with it, but Im going with the lesser risk, all my kids are fully immunised.

Greth wrote:

if 10% of the population is not immunised, they are probably not at risk. If more than 20% are not immunised, there are certain to be epidemics among them.

I’ve always found this concept fascinating and it applies to so many other areas. It is an odd situation where an act works only if no-one does it too and fails if everyone else does it. It’s rather ironic.

In many situations, If one person cheats a system, they can get ahead at everyone else’s expense. It works.

The only logical thing for others to do is cheat as well but once that happens, everyone loses.

Once everyone enough people cheat, playing by the rules becomes even worse so everyone has to cheat just to stay even.

Queues: If we all played by the rules, we get there faster but once enough people start shoving we all have to otherwise we would never get there.

Rainforests: If the trees could all agree to stay low to the ground, they could all benefit by wasting less energy on growth. But once one starts to climb high, they all need to. They waste all this effort to get the same amount of sunlight as they would had they just played nice.

*BTW* there is nothing perjorative in the use of the word “cheating.” I’ve just done a half-“bottomed” rehash of game theory and cheating is the correct term here.

LearningLearning

I have never been able to reach a conclusion regarding whether immunization is a good thing or not. There is no denying that some children have reacted to immunizations; there is also no denying that there is a dramatic increase in the incidence of autism, autoimmune disease, allergies etc. But there are also many children who have received immunizations with seemingly no ill effect. Why do some children react negatively and others don’t? What causes autism etc, in children who were never immunized?

I have come across a theory that makes sense for me, and seems to answer these questions.

If a child’s immune system is compromised, it won’t respond predictably to the vaccine. It’s easy to decide that a very ill child shouldn’t receive a vaccine, but not many of us can know if our child’s immune system is robust enough to respond appropriately to a vaccine.

Our immune system starts in our gut, with healthy flora. Our gut flora is acquired at birth from our mother, or from the environment in the case of a caesarian. Formula fed babies develop different gut flora to breast fed babies. Oral contraceptives damage gut flora; antibiotics damage gut flora; unhealthy diets damage gut flora.

The baby boomer generation was the first to take oral contraceptives, so (some of) their babies inherited altered gut flora. Their babies also had far more access to antibiotics; more damaged gut flora. This next generation suffered increases in allergies, asthma, food intolerances, eczema, celiac, crohn’s disease, lactose intolerance etc. They were also more likely to take oral contraceptives for more years than their mothers did before starting their family.

When this next generation started having babies, we saw a dramatic increase in pervasive developmental disorder, autism, dyspraxia, dyslexia, food allergies, depression, anxiety etc.

Autism can seemingly be triggered by a vaccination, but not because the vaccine caused autism, but because the child’s already compromised immune system couldn’t handle the assault.

The best part of this theory is that it offers a treatment protocol. Designed to detox and rebuild gut flora, using organic wholefoods, probiotic supplements and probiotic foods, it is being used with great success all over the world. It’s not an easy road; for some it means completely relearning how to cook and eat. This can be difficult for someone caring for challenging children. Especially when most of these mothers have challenges of their own.

More info can be found at gaps.me

Learning wrote:

I have never been able to reach a conclusion regarding whether immunization is a good thing or not. There is no denying that some children have reacted to immunizations; there is also no denying that there is a dramatic increase in the incidence of autism, autoimmune disease, allergies etc. But there are also many children who have received immunizations with seemingly no ill effect. Why do some children react negatively and others don’t? What causes autism etc, in children who were never immunized?

I don’t know if this will make you feel better or worse but…

The body is under microbial assault all the time from countless varieties of pathogens. Your fears of immunocompromisation from vaccines should pale in comparison to the millions-fold (literally) risk of immunocompromisation from “everyday” pathogens. Don’t worry about inactive or live-attentuated viruses found in vaccines, worry about the live wild-type varieties found everywhere.

Like I said, not sure if you will see this as good or bad :shrug:

The following is better news…

As for the autism link with the MMR vaccine, that paper was retracted by damned-near all the authors (10 of 12) and The Lancet. Follow-up studies have found no link and the main author (who didn’t retract) got in a lot of trouble for taking money from anti-vaccine litigants (money that should have been disclosed for obvious reasons as a potential conflict of interest) and falsifying/altering data.

Hummer HumbugHummer
    Keymaster

I have never been able to reach a conclusion regarding whether immunization is a good thing or not.

Me neither, and I think its for these reasons that Andre_h has put forward..

I’ve always found this concept fascinating and it applies to so many other areas. It is an odd situation where an act works only if no-one does it too and fails if everyone else does it. It’s rather ironic.

In many situations, If one person cheats a system, they can get ahead at everyone else’s expense. It works.

The only logical thing for others to do is cheat as well but once that happens, everyone loses.

LearningLearning

I don’t know if this will make you feel better or worse but…

Neither, just interested in learning more.

Yes, I understand what you’re saying Andre. But currently in Australia the recommendation is for a child to have approx 24 separate immunizations by the age of 2, some of those are combination vaccines. I don’t think that’s the same as everyday pathogens, especially in the case of an infant. I believe there are cases where a child’s regression into autism seems to have been triggered by a severe illness and/or a long course of strong antibiotics. It’s the immune system that’s the problem, not the vaccinations.

I am aware of the MMR = autism debunking. But there is a lot more to this story than one paper.

lynnielynnie

I have a 4 month old and he has so far had 2 rounds of vaccinations. They seem to mix a few together these days and I am not sure if that is a good or a bad thing.

The one thing I am adamant on is giving my son the MMR jabs seperately. I know they say there is no corelation to MMR & autism but I have heard stories from parents who say there child was fine until they had the vaccine.

I would rather give my son the vaccinations than have him get extremely sick or die…

That is just my 2 cents worth…

BobbeeBobbee

E that story is heartbreaking and, of course, there are many others. And there are heartbreaking stories from the ‘other side’ also.:(:(:(

Each parent must make their decisions based on their own beliefs. Thank heavens I don’t have to do that.

When my children were babies we all seemed to trot forward like sheep and hold out our little ones to be jabbed without argument. At least I did!! It was to save them from horrific side-effects possible from childhood diseases. :shrug:

The information shared by the contributors to this thread is compelling and thought provoking. Thanks people. :clap: :clap:

And thanks E for bravely initiating this opportunity for informative, adult discussion of an immensely emotive topic. :clap: :kiss1: :hug:

:hug::hug::hug:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.