Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

another reason

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    luvinluvin

another reason to stay away from kmart,old bloke came over to show us the new placemats his dd bought for them,i could not believe it,they were squares of the grippy type mesh you buy in the cheapo shops for $2,she paid $4.25 each they were 25cm square

the poor bloke i could not tell him the truth

urban-wombaturban-wombat

can’t stand k’mart.. and that in store radio.. make me one of those ‘Grumpy Old Farts’

luvinluvin

to be honest i try to avoid all these can’t stand crowds

luvin wrote:

to be honest i try to avoid all these can’t stand crowds

Me too, im in and out so quick. :hug: I have to go today:p

WombatWombat

Not big on crowds meself!:D

dixiebelledixiebelle

Kmart is often such poor quality and the customer service is so slow and dismal! I used to think it was fun to go a Kmart store, as we didn’t have one, but now, I try to stay away! If I have to buy from a department store, I prefer Target, where the quality is better and they *seem* to be more eco-aware. That said, I tend to buy anything we need new, online these days and pay for higher quality/ longer lasting (Aussie, where possible) brands, and saves going near the shops and the crowds!

People have been trained/ brainwashed by advertising, into believing that cheaper is best, and you get the best bargains at places like Kmart. I was one of them! BUT it is not a ‘bargain’ if it falls apart or only lasts one season. It is only cheaper because the true cost is not factored in… like paying the factory workers a decent wage, or the cost on the environment.

Sad, a friend of mine’s staus on Facebook: “I feel all warm and fuzzy after my little shopping spree today!”. I feel all warm and fuzzy when I pick my own vegetables, or get a good find at the op shop! But, each to their own and for all I know, her little shopping spree was on Oxfam, or at a local farmers market!

luvinluvin

you can’t beat the op shop for bargains especially when they have new shirts on the 50c rack

purplehatpurplehat

Love a good op-shop trip! Warm and fuzzy indeed. Plus, I don’t get all red-faced and sick feeling in them. Department stores have this horrible smell. VOCs or off gassing? Last time I went in one, I was nearly sick! All I needed was undies, too. I bought them and left as quickly as I could – but ended up chucking them out within a week anyway, since they were of such poor quality and some things shrank in the wash. Bah. Bought undies online instead – bit better quality, but not as good as my 10+ year old ones – sigh..

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.