Aussies Living Simply

Adelaide GTG – 27th January 2013 ** DATE CHANGE**

Home Forums Regional Groups South Australia Adelaide GTG – 27th January 2013 ** DATE CHANGE**

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Bel

Hey guys,

I’m thinking about holding a GTG at my house in Northgate on 26th January. It’s the last Saturday of the school holidays. Who’s keen?

Bel 🙂

mudhen

Lol Bel, I thought this was an old thread revived. Do you mean 2013 or have you invented a time machine you want to test out (just teasing 🙂 ) that sounds like fun, we should be around.

Bel

Oops! 2013 indeed! Where has the year gone? Wish I could invent a time machine…. one that would allow me to be in 2 places at once would be nice!

froot_loopz

MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

just have to work out where northgate is :laugh:

Bel

Head down Main North Road about 20 minutes and you’re nearly there! Opposite the lovely Yatala Prison!

froot_loopz

:tup:

Vanessa

Is that the Australia Day long weekend?

Bel

It probably is Vanessa. I didn’t think about that….

Robyne

I’ll try and get there.

Northgate was called Hillcrest when I lived at Gilles Plains in the 60-70s.

Used to be the CSIRO testing grounds for all food growing.

I remember when the prisioner used to grow all their own food in Yatala grounds. and sell the stuff they made in

the work rooms.

But then Valley View was fruit trees and grapes. ALl the kids used to stock up their bikes baskets and take

home for mum to make into jams and preserves.

Tea Tree Plaza was owned by the Tolley Family and grew grapes all around the area.

Long time ago when we were young

Bel

My sister has just told me she’s planning to have her birthday party on the 26th, so I’ll have to move this GTG to Sunday 27th. We can make it for after lunch some time so church-goers can come too. Anyone else keen?

jaden62

I’m new to this site (about an hour ago), but I’d like to come too if possible.

Quite possibly, Bel. I’d love to come but it’s the w’end before my b’day & I’m not sure when we’re doing the family thang yet.

Bel

Hi jaden62 and welcome to the site. I’ll PM my address to everyone interested in coming in the week prior – you’re more than welcome to come along.

BV – be nice to see you if you can come, but understand if you’ve got birthday/family commitments 🙂

mudhen

I’m looking forward to it, Bel! Can we each bring a plate of afternoon tea?

Hummer
    Keymaster

I’d come along, if I were closer.. have a great time 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.