Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

Adelaide Get-Together Mount Pleasant Sat 22 March

Home Forums Regional Groups South Australia Adelaide Get-Together Mount Pleasant Sat 22 March

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    BelBel

Now that we’re finally settled on the farm, I’m planning to have a get-together. It’s been ages since we all saw each other and there are also some new SA members. I’m thinking Sat afternoon 22 March on our farm at Mt Pleasant. Who’s keen? Should we do a swap/share? Or some kind of skills session (I was thinking soap making, but probably a bit hard cos I’ll have the kids here).

I’ll post this in the SA group too, but please share with other SA ALS’rs who’ve been missing here for a while….

VanessaVanessa

Sounds good!!!! I was hoping to catch up with you over the Christmas break, but that disappeared all to quickly.

I’ll put it in my diary so I don’t forget

KristyKristy

I will have to check the date, but if I am free definitely keen!

jaden62jaden62

I’m keen, but as we have a market the next day, I’ll have to leave it until that week to let you know for certain.

fruitfulfruitful

YAYYYYYY and maybe boo too, we’re going to Melbourne to visit with hubbys family around that time, I’ll try to work the dates so I/we (Bec will probably want to come too) can make it.

I’m hoping to take delivery of quite a bit of animal fat which I will render down for soap making if you wanted to try out the hot process and everyone is ok with using animal products OR I could also probably manage to help out with a cold process soap if you need help with that option.

mudhenmudhen

I have put it on my calendar, Bel! I think soapmaking might be ok if the kids were old enough to stay out of the kitchen area. I’ve done cold process soap but would be interested to see hot process too, if Fruitful is able to come along and do a demo. I will definitely bring along some fowlers jars if anyone is interested – will check on what prices & post here again.

froot_loopzfroot_loopz

if I can convince my daughter to run us there, I’ll be there.

fruitfulfruitful

oh bother, apparently we are on a timetable for our holiday and will be travelling on the 22nd. 🙁

Hope you all have a great day though.

russruss

Sounds good, I’ll have a look at the work roster.

BelBel

fruitful post=360443 wrote: oh bother, apparently we are on a timetable for our holiday and will be travelling on the 22nd. 🙁

Hope you all have a great day though.

What a shame fruitful 🙁 Would have been lovely to see you again. Have a great holiday though!

mudhenmudhen

I am definitely coming with DD that day and can bring some preserving jars if anyone would like to buy some. I have 27’s and 31’s for $1.50 each and 36’s for $3 but no lids or rings. Please post here if you’re interested as I don’t want to load them into the car if I don’t have to and will advertise them on Gumtree instead. Would anyone like me to bring some water kefir grains to share?

And finally if anyone has any jam jars and is able to bring them along, I know Bel and I are always on the lookout for more!

VanessaVanessa

I thought I wrote a response but it seems to have disapeared.

I would like some water Kefir grains, have been meaning to organise a time to pick some up but seems there aren’t enough hours in the day

mudhenmudhen

I know what you mean, Vanessa! Happy to bring some along for you.

VanessaVanessa

My comfrey is going quite well was thinking I might be able to dig some up and pot it up if anyone is interested.

BelBel

I’d like some comfrey please Vanessa.

And I second mudhen’s call for jars – would love some small/medium size, but will take any!

Does anyone want some sourdough starter? I can feed it up for those who want some.

Looking forward to it! I’ve sent messages to some SA-ALS’rs I haven’t seen here for a while – nadijill, gypsyoak, bandicoot valley to name a few. Feel free to bring along other like-minded friends or put to call out to long-lost SA-ALS’rs. Anyone still in touch with katerina, iduna, ravyk, greth?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.