Aussies Living Simply

A Simply Baffled life

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING This Simple Life A Simply Baffled life

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    kathykathy

Granny Smith apple green ,what a great idea .Thanks Jude:tup:

kathykathy

It’s so good to be home ,have had a few very hectic days .

Caught the train back home with my MIL what fun that was .Dragging 2 suitcases,2 bags and an 88yr old with a wheely walker on and off trains.

Got to her place and discovered her big freezer had died and had to clean out all the rotten meat for her:rip:

Then I got a phone call from the girl looking after my dogs to say that Bluey had been bitten by a snake again and was being rushed to the vets.It turned out well and the vet said it was not venomous but similar to being bitten by 30 wasps at once so he was a sick little bloke .All good now though and only cost $90. Many thanks to my BIL and Linda going above and beyond .

Had a lovely time with friends ,sons and my baby .

trip from hell going home as powerlines had come down between Cooroy and Gympie requiring us being stuck in Cooroy for 3 hours and being towed by diesel to Gympie. Once we got going the train hit a big roo nearly derailed and scared the proverbial out of me . Many thanks to my wonderful sister who hung around for an extra 4 1/2hrs and drove me home .Finally got here after hitting a possum and a bird 🙁

Got to bed only to be rung at 1 a.m.by my son having relationship probs needing a bit of mum so spent an hour sorting him.

Feeling a bit shattered but also thinking it was all worth it to have time with the ones I love .Would do it all again tomorrow ,must be a glutton for punishment;)

BoonahgirlBoonahgirl

Oh Kathy,

You deserve a medal. Talk about girls own adventures. Glad you’re home safe and sound now.

kathykathy

Well have just spent another 4 days away from my little place stuck in the city helping my big boy get organised for a trip over seas .Totally shattered. Cant wait to be on that train home. I’ve only lived in the bush 2 years but cant understand why anyone would want to live in the city.Take me home country roads:woohoo:

Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

kathy post=295113 wrote: Well have just spent another 4 days away from my little place stuck in the city helping my big boy get organised for a trip over seas .Totally shattered. Cant wait to be on that train home. I’ve only lived in the bush 2 years but cant understand why anyone would want to live in the city.Take me home country roads:woohoo:

You didn’t take long to get all countryfied did you? and everytime we go to the city we can’t get out quick enough.

kathykathy

Reading through this and not having posted for 5 years really brings it all back its like a diary of the times .Somethings I had completely forgotten .

We are still here at Baffle and cant remember life any other way . It took me about 3 years to surrender to retirement and just enjoy life . That was one thing I didnt expect ,that it would take so long to adjust but things got better .I no longer want to pack up and get my old life back .One of the greatest pleasures for me in this time was slowing down and having time to make friends  . Being self sufficient got knocked on the head by reality . Vege patch lies dormant since the 2013 floods when I lost heart in it . I keep my chooks and have wonderful friends who share excess produce in exchange for baked goods or treatment on a sore back .The barter system flourishes and I have  discovered so many people doing things better and on a larger scale than me so I never want for fresh locally grown fruit ,veges ,honey etc, I still grow my own greens and herbs , prepare our food from scratch and try to live a simpler calmer life . This frees my time up for the fun things like kayaking ,golf ,garden club ,craft and cooking . I have realised the importance of being still and just enjoying all the beauty around me and the wonderful people in my life 
    Judi BJudi B
    Keymaster

“I have realised the importance of being still and just enjoying all the beauty around me”

Well said Kathy….
    I still get sidetracked when outside… go out to do one thing then see something in the bush go look at it then forget what I went out for in the first place LOL

Viewing 7 posts - 91 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.