Aussies Living Simply

A few photos to enjoy (wildlife, insects and plants)… recent visitors (snake & frog)

Home Forums FOOD PRODUCTION, HARVEST AND STORAGE Pets and Native Animals A few photos to enjoy (wildlife, insects and plants)… recent visitors (snake & frog)

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    BobbeeBobbee

I enjoyed the pics, thank you. :clap:

Humans are very adaptable, it’s amazing what we can learn to live with. ๐Ÿ™‚ :tup:

After all our beautiful planet is for sharing. :hug:

:hug:

Hi Bobbee. I agree completely! Unfortunately, I needed to remind myself of this fact yesterday (re: our planet is for sharing) when I found that several of our sweet potato tubers had been excavated and eaten… We lost out on most of our crop last year due to the same problem. I think it must either be scrub turkeys or bush rats… Does anyone else have this same problem and know who the culprit may be? I guess we’re going to have to change our planting strategy – if we actually want to have a harvest ๐Ÿ™‚

We recently completed an inventory of the animals located in zone 1 to 5 of our (permaculture) garden areas. In total, the garden has approximately 180 unique animals (including insects, birds, arachnids, mammals, frogs, molluscs, reptiles and worms)…

The following lists summarise the animals that we have discovered in our garden to date. The lists contain information on animal genus (by common name), animal genus (by scientific name), animal class (by common name), as well as provide links to relevant pages at both the Queensland Museum and Wikipedia sites for each animal. In addition, the lists categorise the animals in terms of bite/sting/spray severity, feeding behaviour, and frequency of sighting. (Please click on the following links to view the lists in detail):

ยท garden animal list: sorted by alphabet

ยท garden animal list: sorted by class

The following graph shows the number of animals (by animal class):

Gathering the information for the lists was a big (but very worthwhile) task. Hopefully, we can keep it updated over time…

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.