Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

2012….End of the world?

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Life Changes 2012….End of the world?

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author

grumpy3 wrote:

Interesting thought to have an end to the world. Maybe its a play on words and the end really means end of the people. Christians talk about the end of the world but the earth is changed to like new again. The subject could bring on quite a discussion.

Dennis

The Earth at the end of the world is taken back to before Man sinned. This also includes lifestyle habits – I’m not too sure how aware other people are that before the Flood, Humans and animals alike were vegetarian. There was no need to eat meat. At the end of the world, we’d revert back to that way of living. Self sustaining in the best possible form!

From a christian’s view, anyway. ^

My personal view of 2012:

Predicting astronomical events manually is quite dificult. It would take a skilled person and that person would be smart enough to realise that any other job would be far more effort. I can’t help but think that a clerk spent his life plotting the Mayan calender as a career because it was easy and he had convinced his bosses it was essential.

2012 is simply the point where he retired/died. Once he got that far, there was no need to continue the calculations so no-one ever resumed the work.

As explanations go, it makes more sense than any New-Age claim I’ve yet heard.

grumpy3grumpy3

IceDragonTamer.

I would put it to you then that if man is taken back to what he was like at the beginning of the anti-deluvian world. The time period before man sinned than something drastic is going to have to happen for this to take place. The end of the world that you mention does not seem to be the same as what is written in the Bible. Or maybe you have shortened it to some degree . Granted that all living creatures in the beginning were vegetarian. This would be because it would be impossible to have death and suffering without sin. So for the world to revert back to that type of system it would mean that sin and suffering will no longer exist. That would then mean a perfect world to live in. :tup:

GeoffGeoff
    Keymaster

That would then mean a perfect world to live in.

What, without bacon?????? :confused:

WombatWombat

Or meat pies:(

grumpy3grumpy3

geoff wrote:

What? :uhoh: Don’t you blokes know that pig is the result of crossing human and other animals when genetic engenering was the order of the day several thousand years ago. 😐 The natives in PNG not very long ago would even ask you if you wanted short or long pig if they invited you for a meal. Long pig being human. :uhoh:

Well I guess even ALSERS have there vices 😐 so I guess besides being ECO friendly people they will have to stop eating there long lost relatives.

grumpy3grumpy3

grumpy3 wrote:

geoff wrote:

What? :uhoh: Don’t you blokes know that pig is the result of crossing human and other animals when genetic engenering was the order of the day several thousand years ago. 😐 The natives in PNG not very long ago would even ask you if you wanted short or long pig if they invited you for a meal. Long pig being human. :uhoh:

Well I guess even ALSERS have there vices 😐 so I guess besides being ECO friendly people they will have to stop eating there long lost relatives.

🙁

grumpy3grumpy3

I am putting this here because it sounds like the end of the world. Went to mitre 10 to get some paint today. Was told within five years all oil based paints and turps etc will be asigned to history as part of the earth destroying chemicals. 🙁 And I love my oil based paint. This is like going to a funeral. 😮

gleanertgleanert

😆

I can do without oil paint if required.

However, no coffee and no chocolate would be the end of the world for me.

GgangGgang

for me its GREAT news 😀 I worked in a paint lab 40 years ago and it is one of my worst triggers for a MCS attack

Anne

ApplebeeApplebee

We recently watched a DVD of a lecture by Ian Luxgold presenting his

work on the Mayan calendar. His stages are outlined on the learning

lab page of the site. I think he died about 5 years ago not long after

the lecture and his explanations of these stages were quite facinating.

He believed we were in the Galactic stage now which is the development

of global Ethics, and from memory, early 2011 was the time for some

great change.

He gave great examples of how time is speeding up via generational shifts, but, little dud head here can’t remember them! :geek:

I am not really into the Mayan stuff but the DVD was a journey unto itself, and gave us much to just understand many things about today.

I don’t have access to the dvd anymore, unfortunately.

oh, the link is http://www.mayanmajix.com/lab_F1.html

regards

Applebee:shrug:

spikeyspikey

While it may make for good returns at the box office or book publishing I certainly have no fear of 2012 coming and going.

My wise old grandpa who passed away many years ago told my mother that his father told him people had been claiming the end of the world was coming since he was a boy.

Unless the money makers feed enough crap to try and make it seem plausible why would anyone take an interest.

😉

me too i couldn’t live without coffee or chocolate:unsure: :ohmy: 🙁

narellehnarelleh

wasn’t this supposed to happen in the year 2000 – at New Year????

I agree the world will be here for a long while yet – but the way we live now will change dramatically – as it has done in history so the world as we know it will be no longer:unsure:

Viewing 14 posts - 46 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.