Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

100% wool felt balls for the dryer

Home Forums SIMPLE SUSTAINABLE LIVING Spinning, Dyeing, Knitting, Sewing, Weaving 100% wool felt balls for the dryer

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    zippyzippy

Hi there, I thought I’d already posted this but can’t see it there!

Anyway, I’m interested in finding someone who can make me some 100% (I think it must be felted) wool balls the size of a tennis ball or slightly smaller. I intend to use them for dryer balls.

Anyone fancy it? Or anyone want to show me how to make them?

Suzi

luvinluvin
    mudhenmudhen

Thanks for asking the question, Zippy, and that link to the tutorial, Luvin. We’ve had a fair bit of rain in Adelaide already this winter, and have had to use the dryer on occasions, mostly to get the last bit of damp out of the clothes. I’m going to give these balls a try, they look so easy to make!

zippyzippy

I’ll be scavenging in the second hand shops now for anything wooley!

thanks

slowlynowslowlynow

Does it work? Seems to be a great idea… do you have to dry the balls afterwards?

kerriebkerrieb

i could donate a few jumpers that are almost there ;-). DH has forgotten to not put woollens in the machine occasionally.

zippyzippy

:laugh:

kerrieb you could potentially have some dryer balls and some to give away in home made Christmas hampers! oooh what a good idea. 🙂

http://goodmama.typepad.com/goodmama/2008/05/make-your-own-wool-dryer-balls.html

http://the-pickled-herring.blogspot.com.au/2011/09/felted-dryer-balls-tutorial.html

familyofhopefamilyofhope

Oh I would be interested in your woolen jumpers to make wool longies for my little boy.

Corrie-lyn

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.