Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

$10 Peastraw Bales, Melb

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Seed Exchange and Traders Market $10 Peastraw Bales, Melb

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    mum2twinsmum2twins

Dan I will take 3 or 4.

I am often around your area on weekends.

Can you post or pm me when they are delivered and i will let you know when i will be in the area.!!

Red DragonRed Dragon

Yeah I used to cart hay too. I remember the blisters, falling off the back of moving trailers with a bale falling on top of me, falling off the side of the trailer and the trailer then running over my foot, stepping off the side of the ute accidently while trying to get the stack just one higher, the grass seeds stuck in my socks, (and up my nose) and the ground getting slippery as it approached midnight on Christmas Eve and rain on the way …Can’t tell you how happy I was when round bales were invented 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

ha ha.. We used to have the catcher pick the bales up and it would deliever them to the truck .. Never did on a trailer.. I only ever did it on a semi or smaller truck.. when you got a bout 8 high ont he truck it was a little hairy 🙂

ThisildoThisildo
    Participant

Hi Baldcat

If there is enough available I would buy 10. Cheers :tup:

tarntarn

Hi

I would love to buy about 8 as well. Its too good a bargain to miss! i was actually going to post something about where to get cheap pea straw in Melbourne – we’re in North Warrandyte. So count me in if any are still available.

Cheers

tarn

Anonymous
    Inactive

Yep Going to get 100 bales.. So I will do a spread sheet soon, to calculate what everyone wants:)

mum2twinsmum2twins

Actually I can take a couple more!!

So 5 would do me!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so how it is going to happen…

I’ll take delievery of the bales somewhere close to home (there is a open space quite near my place…) anyway.. When I find out a time I will let everyone know.. For anyone who can’t make it on the day.. I will purchase any that are left over and I will pass on at the same cost, plus acouple of bucks for delievery.. I have a ute so should be able to manage around 10 bales at a time. 🙂

Any left overs I’m going to try my hand at selling them at a farmers market, for profit to help buy another load if wanted..

TamandcoTamandco

I’m interested in 10 bales too if it can be picked up from The Patch. :tup:

Anonymous
    Inactive

With so many bales being taken on the day we probably wont need to store left overs out at the patch .. They are coming from the opposite side of the city so if he doesn’t have to drive out to the patch, I’m going try and avoid it ..

TamandcoTamandco

oh, too bad. 🙁

Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok so I will put a few in here,, but if I have missed you please the spreadsheet.. 🙂

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=pOnPX2fwtNzjGzkAXqjykIQ

Anonymous
    Inactive

Tamandco wrote:

oh, too bad. 🙁

I could probably bring 10 out to your place Tam for an extra $5… to cover fuel..

antonkellyantonkelly

Chatted with the man 😀 Please pop us down for ten.

Red DragonRed Dragon

Can’t get them from Kew though. I have no trailer, no ute and as of the 29th, DH is away for 10 days and I have a crook achilles.

I see that Learning wants 16, I want 5 and Tam wants 10, that’s 31 that need to be go out this way somehow. Can you get at least that many, and more for anyone else out in the Dandenongs delivered to me. Not as far as The Patch, but not as awkward as your place. I can put them in my yard short term. I have this space that used to have a cubby house in it…

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.