Skip to toolbar

Aussies Living Simply

$10 Peastraw Bales, Melb

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE Seed Exchange and Traders Market $10 Peastraw Bales, Melb

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I am able to get Pea straw bales delievered to Melb either by the Truck (100 bales) $8.50each or Ute (35 Bales) $10 each

Between us, do you think we can get 100 bales sold ?

These are Wimmera Pea Straw bales of proper size, not those things they call bales in Bunnings…

antonkellyantonkelly

We’d be in for a few (Hi, first time poster, short time lurker) maybe 10? Would have to discuss with Mr “This is not a farm”…

LearningLearning

I could use 10, just not sure how to get it out to The Patch.

ETA: At $8.50 I have a friend who will take some too. So put me down for 16.

darlsdarls

What… what about getting it delivered to Central Coast NSW????? 🙁

Where you get them from? I’ve been buying organic sugar cane mulch from nurseries – cost me too much (ranges between $11 to $15 per bale :p )

Lucky youse in Melb… Cheers! :hug:

AndreAndre
    Keymaster

Hi baldcat :wave:

I could only take a couple of your hands as I am living in a rental with lots of woodchip. (I suspect the landlord — which is the department of defence(Navy) woludn’t want all the straw mixed up with the woodchip).

Having said that, I’ll pm you as I will need a supplier of strawbales to build my house. (assuming pea-straw is just as good as any other straw…)

Cheers, :tup:

Andre

Red DragonRed Dragon

Hi Baldcat,

I could take 5, You can drop them off on the way to Learning’s 😆

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm. .

Anyone got space to store 100 bales 🙂

LearningLearning

yes, just not under cover……well under trees, but that won’t keep them dry:lol:

martymarty

Hi, how big are the bales? We are getting pea straw bales from a local nursery here in Stawell for $8.50 each but we’re not sure how they compare to a ‘Bunnings bales’.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well in Stawell you are probably getting proper bales from the nursery on the western hwy ??? If so they are true bales. about 3 foot in lengh a foot high and wide..

Bunnings bales at around $15 are 1/4 that and full of dirt.

The bales I have sourced are from Rupanyup Stawell side of.. And sell for $5 there.So if you would like details you could go and buy direct from my suppliers.. We have to pay extra due to travelling the buggers to Melbourne.. And it still works out very cheap.

Red DragonRed Dragon

Andre could store them, trouble is we’d have to take a wall down whenever we wanted some 😆 😆 😆

Sorry Dan, you’ve seen my yard, no room here…

Anonymous
    Inactive

ha ha..

Learning has offered to store them for us out at The Patch.. At first I thought “the patch” was their little farmlet.. but noooo It is the suburb/town 🙂 For those whom don’t know where it is.. it is just on theeastern side of Sassafras / Olinda

http://tinyurl.com/6dyglz

I have placed an order for 100 Bales

LearningLearning

:lol::lol::lol: I once had someone think I was a member of a bikie gang:jawdrop:

Red DragonRed Dragon

Thanks Dan,

When do you need money and when will they arrive? AND, Who’s going to unload them? :shrug:

Anonymous
    Inactive

Well just placed an order they will get back to me when they can deliver.. Hopefully it will be a weekend, and you’ll be able to pay directly to them.. When they arrive, any that dont’ sell I will buy and then offer them for sale. Same price for ALSers 🙂 But depending on how many there are left I may take some to a farmers market and try and flog off 🙂

I’ll unload them .. It’s only 100 bales.. In a former life I used to collect bales and put them on the truck and then stack them in the shed.. Ah those were the days…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.