Recent rainfall

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  ballamara 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ballamara
    Keymaster

How did everyone fair with the recent rains? Being in a dry area od the country we did very well with 69 mm in total best for a long time so our yearly total is not so healthy though, still in the arid zone not so go for growing much other than in pots.

Judi B
    Keymaster

We’ve had some good rain 85mm things in the garden are going balistic, the zucchini had been sulking but now growing well, tomato plants have doubled in size in a week but the rain didn’t come soon enough for my cucumbers……. but the weeds are growing the fastest.
    I’m starting to switch my garden over to wicking pots and have been using blue drums cut and have bought a few bath tubs which we’ll get done in the new year.

ballamara
    Keymaster

I am using the old spa as a wicking bed (just an experiment at present) put a few pumpkin seeds in a while ago and forgot about them but now they are doing extremely well. Looks like it will be the summer veggie bed next year. Up until now I haven’t had much luck with wicking beds.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.