About as simple living as it gets

Home Forums OVER THE BACK FENCE General chat and catching up About as simple living as it gets

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ballamara 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mike Harding
    Participant

What did I do today? I sold the house.

Well, to be honest, I sold it last week and in one month I’ll be moving in with my son for a few months whilst my caravan is built and in about five months I’ll be living in the van permanently travelling around Oz, although mainly Victoria, and living in the bush.

No rates, elec, gas or water bills 🙂 Generally no internet or mobile phone (the places I go don’t usually have coverage) – life doesn’t get a lot simpler I think. My main issue will be water but with 200lt of drinking water in the van tanks and I’ll get washing water from the creeks and dams all should be good. Over the past 20 years I have spent a *lot* of time rough camping in Victoria so am well familiar with these matters – the van will be *luxury* compared to my rooftop tent 🙂

I may write a book on the transition from urbanite to bush nomad and, if anyone’s interested, I’ll keep you posted here.

ballamara

Good morning Mike Harding, your new life sounds like a great adventure.We live in the bush and there is no better place to be.

ballamara
    Keymaster

How is your new life style going Mike?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.