Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Showing you my patch

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315343

• Bobbee
  • Old Growth Forest
  • The Bobblet
  • Thank you received: 179
:wave:

Like everyone else I really enjoy checking out other folks gardens and stuff. Well done Karyn. :clap:

Darls just put your cursor on the little house under Karyn's avatar. That shows where the person lives. :tup:

Take care,

Bobbs :hug::hug:
You know, when you think about it, if everyone in the world was kind to the person next to her/him then that would be the end of wars and such and we could all concentrate on healing the earth.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315356

• karyn26
  • Woodland
  • Thank you received: 43
Oh Thankyou everyone,that's only a portion of the place tho,we have the meat chooks down the back and the rabbits,the rest of the place is for the sheep and the dogs plus ourselves.

At the front of the to be orchard is an area of the same size that DH wants me to make into veg beds BUT the girls are up there and could cause some mischief.

That area is where I originally had my veg beds when we first moved here.The old house is behind it which we use for storage.

DH would freak everytime we went to the tip because I would ask him to get more fridges,there is one more to be put to use yet but ATM it is storage for the stuff from the old shed waiting for the new shed to be built.

For the wick fridges lay them down then where the crisper shelf is DH drilled a drainage hole - I still have a small fridge I havent done anything with yet so I'll take a pic of the drainage hole so you can understand what I mean-

Then I just put the watering pipe wrapped in chux on the bottom then filled around it with broken bricks or med/lge rocks then filled as normal with soil and compost then let it sit and planted straight into it.

Using freezers or fridges with NO freezer compartment work better as the freezer section even though has holes drilled thro to drain into the other part clogs up and can become quite boggy and smelly.

Gotta go DH just offered a trip to the tip back later....................

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315382

• karyn26
  • Woodland
003.JPG

This pic shows the outside where the drainage hole comes thru

001.JPG

This pic shows the small freezer lying down and on the inside the drainage hole

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315383

• karyn26
  • Woodland
004.JPG

Thought I'd show you the garden wagon I found at the tip just before Xmas'10 all it needed was new tyres total cost to me $30..no rust no holes either
These little beauties cost a pretty penny

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315384

• karyn26
  • Woodland
C:\fakepath\006.JPG

Glad I went to the tip today look what I found,a coffee machine in it's box taped up so I had alook and we brought it home,plugged her in and bingo works a treat needs a clen up inside but otherwise good.

Dh reckons its going in the shed it will save me having to take cuppas out to him every 5 minutes.

Cost to me $0 cost to first buyer.......hold onto your hat, price on the box $1990.00!!!!

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315385

• karyn26
  • Woodland
006.JPG

Glad I went to the tip today look what I found,a coffee machine in it's box taped up so I had alook and we brought it home,plugged her in and bingo works a treat needs a clen up inside but otherwise good.

Dh reckons its going in the shed it will save me having to take cuppas out to him every 5 minutes.

Cost to me $0 cost to first buyer.......hold onto your hat, price on the box $1990.00!!!!

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315386

• karyn26
  • Woodland
Darls sorry I didnt see your reply,we are NE of Wagga Wagga in a small rural town we live on 5 acres ,there is only DH and I left the boys have flown one in WA the other in Maitland but our G/son visits every 2nd weekend or more sometimes,he lives in the same town as us,his parents split a while ago.

Yes the part where the chooks are is dry,our back yard is nice and green,and the paddocks have plenty of green feed for the sheep.

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315387

• Steve
  • Old Growth Forest
  • Thank you received: 138
Wow!!! I have coffee machine envy! What a find... :)

It's amazing what's thrown away, isn't it! :ohmy:
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by Steve.

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315388

• weaver
  • Tree
  • Thank you received: 22
Wow Karyn
It all looks wonderful.

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315390

• carolf
  • Seedling
  • Thank you received: 12
It all looks good karyn, you certainly make good use of your 5 acres.

Weaver can you please mail me if you still want those magazines.

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315393

• BlueWren
  • Old Growth Forest
  • Thank you received: 207
A $2000 working coffe machine AT THE TIP???? :jawdrop::jawdrop: What is going on with some people....... You are sooooooooooo fortunate to be able to get stuff from your tip.What,s the system? Is usable stuff put aside for other s to take/buy?Garden looks great.Thanks for letting us visit. :)
Want what you have. Do what you can. Be who you are.

" Hang onto your panties,or Dad will have them for compost......" Margaret Blackwood's Mum.

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315404

• sue e
  • Woodland
  • Thank you received: 31
it all looks really good Karyn.I can't imagine why anyone would throw out such an item- I keep imagining all these spiteful scenarios........ :/

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315472

• karyn26
  • Woodland
At our tip we can pick thru the stuff,everything is up for grabs .Only thing you cant do is climb down the rubbish hole.

The gate lady picks over the stuff too and puts decent things near the gate and anyone can look thru it and buy if they want.

There's heaps of push-bikes there all various sizes.
The man who used to do bikes up for the kids has died and no-one else has taken it up.

We have a lady on the gate who charges you a small price for items,this goes in her pocket,which is fair,I guess.

The coffee machine was in the pile for metals etc just sitting there in it's box ,taped up,we had a look and bunged it in the car.

I showed the G/sons mum and she said "probably some rich bastard couldn't work it properly" so there you go.

Yeah we love our tip.
I reckon if any of you guys came to town youse would pick it clean.

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315480

• gartenfee
  • Sapling
  • Thank you received: 14
Good on you Karyn26,

how i do miss the tip ratting days, when we`d be able to just pick up stuff. our council has a tip shop.

enjoy while you can.
be happy

Re: Showing you my patch 2 years 9 months ago #315485

• BlueWren
  • Old Growth Forest
  • Thank you received: 207
Serious tip envy here!! Didn't know any like that still existed!!
Want what you have. Do what you can. Be who you are.

" Hang onto your panties,or Dad will have them for compost......" Margaret Blackwood's Mum.

Active Groups

Upcoming Events

pcp_button

GrowVegAffiliateAdvert120x60